Thursday, September 30, 2010

I work in an office and one of the hardest parts about keeping paleo for me is breakfast. There are very few options for quick paleo-friendly breakfast restaurants in my area which means that I pretty well need to plan ahead and have something ready to go for me the night before or plan on fasting until lunch. Of course there are a million places to get bagels, waffles, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy and so on, but finding real food is a struggle. One of my quick breakfast hacks is microwaved eggs with marinara or salsa. My office has a full-sized fridge and a microwave available, so I just keep a half dozen eggs on hand at all times and can keep a jar or two of sauce in my desk drawer. While its hardly gourmet, it keeps me on track when I don't have time to pack something from home. The trick is to make sure you don't over cook the eggs. Microwaved eggs are never good, but they can be passable. But be careful, if they are even a tiny bit overcooked, you might as well be eating sulfur-flavored rubber. I heat the sauce separately and then add. Viola.




No comments:

Post a Comment